£1.00 – £4.50
Early Dispatch Store Release Date: 26/06/2020
General Release Date: 10/07/2020
“Frequencies” Remix Competition.
Calling all producers. Buy this full release directly from the Dispatch Website or Bandcamp and you will be provided with the stems for “Frequencies” in wave format – to enter our exclusive Remix Competition. Full details below –
Terms and conditions –
Competition starts on our Website and Bandcamp release date – 26th of June 2020. All entries to be submitted by 1st September 2020.
• To enter the remix comp the full EP must be purchased via either the Bandcamp / Website. Stems will be then made available as a bonus download item.
• Entries must be submitted as ONLY private streaming links (such as SoundCloud) via email to email@example.com
• Stems are only to be used for this competition, no other use is permissible. These are not to be used in any other work.
• The winning remix entrant (which will be agreed upon by MC Fokus, Ben Soundscape and Ant TC1) will win:
– a paid remix fee along with the remix featuring on a future Dispatch label release (exact details of release are TBC and to be decided upon by the label solely and completely)
– a free merchandise item of choice from the Dispatch website / Bandcamp (selected item based on item and size availability), including free postage
– 3 guest list passes for any future Dispatch Recordings event (date and location to be selected by the winning entrant).
‘It’s been nine years since my first release on Dispatch Recordings (Structure made with Skeptical). In that time I’ve featured on so many releases with some great producers (DLR, Homemade Weapons, Black Barrel, Dub Head, Tephra & Arkoze, Bredren). I have built a back catalogue of music that I’m incredibly proud of. It’s with great pleasure that I can now present my own project – the Frequencies EP.
This is the culmination of over two years of work – what started as a collaboration with Test Switch has grown to become a varied collection of tracks featuring some of my close friends and allies within the scene. The title track – Frequencies – is a particularly poignant moment as I have known Ben for nearly 15 years. He was the first promoter to offer me a proper residency, and I continue to play at his night – the Bristol-based ‘Intrigue’ – to this day.
This EP has allowed me to showcase my versatility as an artist. I’ve balanced the more aggressive lyrical styles (something for the heads that like to hear an MC spit!) with the catchy dance floor rollers and some laid back, conscious grooves. Whatever you are into, I’d like to think you will find it here.
‘Frequencies’ is also a pivotal moment in my career as – for the first time – I am the lead artist as opposed to a ‘feature’. This scene can sometimes undervalue the role of the MC, and I think it’s critical that we are recognised as artists within our own rights.
However, I am completely aware that without the hard work of the producers involved, there would be no music. I cannot make tracks on my own; I do not claim to be a producer. It’s a team effort, and I only work with people that I get along with, where there is mutual respect. I am super grateful to all of the guys for the beats they’ve made.
Enjoy the tracks. The next batch of ammo is already in the chamber, got to keep things moving forward!’ Fokus
1. Fokus & Test Switch – Water Tight
2. Fokus, Ben Soundscape, Roy Green & Protone – Frequencies
3. Fokus, DBR UK & Structured – Bloodwater VIP
4. Fokus, Tephra & Arkoze – Pitch Black
5. Fokus, Paolo, Hillzy, Tephra & Arkoze – Mantra